How to Have Healthy Gums!
Part of a healthy smile is to have healthy gums too! As periodontists, we know the importance of keeping them healthy. Most people don’t think too much about their gums, until there is a problem. We’re here to help remind you of a few ways to keep those gums healthy and avoid gum disease.
- Floss – at least once a day! Flossing helps to remove plaque and food that your toothbrush can’t get to.
- Consistent Dental Cleanings – your dentist can help identify early gum disease. During your cleanings, a dentist can remove difficult plaque build up that you can’t do on your own. Make sure to go on a regular basis!
- Quit Smoking! Smoking has been associated with gum disease and unhealthy gums.
- Brush twice a day! Try to brush after every meal if possible. This will help to remove any food that gets left behind. You should also change your toothbrush head every 3-4 months.
- Use Fluoride Toothpaste – this will help to reduce gingivitis, keep you breath fresh and whiten your teeth too!
If you have any questions about periodontal treatment or how to keep your gums healthy, contact us at Niagara Periodontics in St. Catharine’s today!
– The Niagara Periodontics Team